This is why I always teach with a gel:
- It typically has the most hold.
- I want you to cover a lot of surfaces, and some of the other products would be too heavy or greasy to apply all over the hair.
- It’s more reliable results for the majority, and inconsistent results can make people want to quit.
- I’ve tested and taught with it for close to a decade, and it’s the easiest way I’ve found to show you the importance of trapping water.
HOLD IS GOLD.
- After you coat the hair in the product, SCRUNCH AND HOLD. (for about 5 seconds, then gently let down.)
- When you are “drying” with a t-shirt or microfiber towel, SCRUNCH AND HOLD.
- While diffusing, you use the bowl to gently cup your curls to the scalp and HOLD.
Yes, some of my clients prefer a foam, mousse, pomade, or cream as their go-to styler, but I still want you to use a gel for learning purposes.